Friday, April 11, 2014

coffee~tea



Morning dawns with the sounds of the birds awakening.  They start singing just before the first light.  It takes me a bit longer.

Sneaking down the stairs trying so hard not to awaken anyone else, I make my way to the kitchen.  I turned the stove burner to high under Grandma's percolator I fill the night before.  As I wait for it to boil and brew, I read a bit, reply to messages and try to wake up.  I love my morning coffee.  The scent of the perfect blend of white chocolate, hazelnut & cinnamon fill the kitchen and I know it's ready then.

As much as I love that morning cup of coffee, the rest of the day is given over to tea.  Lots of tea.  Tea in every flavor imaginable is brewed here.  From the usual Earl Greys to Chocolate Rose to Summer Pudding Teas and Jasmine Teas I love them all.  Nights see me sipping Mint Tea, or my Sweet Dreams Tea.

We have tea parties all the time and each afternoon for Quiet Reading Time I pour a cup of  tea, grab my book and try to pretend I am alone in the universe.  It's short-lived, but better than nothing.  Somehow, just having that cup in one hand and a book in the other seems to make the rest of the day easier, whatever comes.

Living where we do, we have neighbors, friends and strangers drop in all the time.  I keep the coffee and tea carafes filled most days so I can easily offer someone a cup of hospitality.  It's such a part of life and love.  Won't you join me for a cuppa?


 ~~~

Joining in the April Prompts at ALM Writes.



No comments:

Post a Comment